Saturday 22 October 2011

Pumpkin Trays

Here are Rose and Tulips pumpkin trays
Rose has pumpkin numbers,
pumpkin spooning,
pumpkin scissor practice
and pumpkin sweeping.
Tulip has pumpkin seed counting,
pumpkin life cycle from Montessori for everyone,
pumpkin cards from Montessori Print Shop

and we labeled the parts of a pumpkin.

They washed and carved their pumpkin and I also gave them some pumpkin coloured play-doh.

I probably should of realised that play-doh and pumpkin seeds would be an interesting mix - seems I'll be removing seeds from the play-doh pot for a while :)

check out Montessori Monday for some more great ideas

5 comments:

Leptir (Nataša) said...

Hi! Great activities! My favorites are sweeping little pumpkins and labeling parts of pumpkin. Thanks for sharing :-)

Greetings from Croatia

Nataša

Chestnut Grove Academy said...

We are doing a bunch more pumpkin activities this week too :D Love your ideas! I've been removing black beans from our playdough here recently..haha
I nominated you for the versatile blogger award! http://chestnutgroveacademy.blogspot.com/2011/10/versatile-blogger-award.html#.TqRP_pviGU-

Stefanie said...

Great activities! I just love the pumpkin sweeping.

Popping in from Preschool Corner

noreen said...

Hi Zelda, I haven't been over in awhile and I'm happy I came today. Your pumpkin activities are great fun for little ones. I've no doubt that they spent many hours playing with the seeds and play doh!

Deb Chitwood said...

You create such wonderful Montessori-inspired activities, Zelda! Labeling pumpkin parts and sweeping pumpkin seeds are awesome ideas! I featured your post and labeling pumpkin parts photo in my Montessori-Inspired Pumpkin Unit at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/10/06/montessori-inspired-pumpkin-unit/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...