Thursday 1 September 2011

Montessori and phonics part 2

I posted here about using Montessori alphabet activities to reinforce the Jolly Phonics books DD4 is using and I realised that she had worked on a 2nd basket over the weekend that I never got round to posting (because I skived for a week)
This is basket 2 - it covers the letters ck, h, d, e, r and m.

when she finished the activity we moved onto a 3 period lesson - this is a m/d/e/etc. then show me the m/d/e etc. finishing with, what is this?(pointing to the letter)
She then took it a step further and came up with two games. The first game involved me making the sign for the letter and her identifying it by sound and pointing to the correct letter and the second game was to call out the letter sound and pop it in the bowl  - I think this was her way of telling me it was time to finish :)

Linked up to

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Stopping by from the crew and blog hop to say hello! Beautiful blog!
I'm your newest follower!

Deb Chitwood said...

I always enjoy seeing what you're working on in your homeschool, Zelda! My kids loved alphabet box/basket activities! Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...