Friday, 1 April 2011

Spring Craft

Last year I saw an idea on a website that I loved - but for the life of me I can't remember where. The teacher created a 'spring tree' in her classroom over the weekend so when her students came in on Monday they were greeted with a beautiful environment.

Our room has been looking jaded since we took our winter display and decorations down so I decided it would be a great time to liven things up abit. I went and retrieved a dead branch, popped it in a lump of modeling clay and in a terracotta planter.
The girls had to draw a circle using a compass and cut them out (used pink craft paper but tissue paper would work just as well)

fashion into flower buds and stick to the tree (note to self - use a glue gun next year and not sellotape)
They are happy with the result and it brings some much needed 'spring' into our room :)

10 comments:

Crisc said...

So cute!

melismama said...

Way too cute..I love it...your newest follower here!

Tracy said...

This is so beautiful, I may try it :) Thanks for sharing another one of your creative ideas on NOBH!

Kylie said...

Oh I love this idea, youcould also add flowers as spring progesses, beautiful!

I hope you'll add it to our spring craft link up this week :-)

MissMOE said...

This looks great--very crafty adding math to the project by having them create circles.

Mommy LaDy Club said...

What a fun little project! Nice to meet you from the tail spin hop:)
Courtney~Mommy LaDy Club

Lynda said...

I definitely want to try this. What a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing it at NOBH.

Susanmeep said...

I love the pictures!

I am following you (suelee1998) from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you you like to follow me back? http://susansdisneyfamily.blogspot.com/
thank you :)

wdworkman said...

Beautiful! Happy Spring

Opal Stevens said...

Following from the April’s Tailspin Monthly Blog and Social Media Hop! Hoping you can return the favor :)...

http://opalstevens.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...