Tuesday 8 January 2013

Planning a new routine for 2013

After being ill all over the Christmas break, I have finally got my head back in the game. One thing that really struck me when I was planning was how much my girls love a routine - I don't know where I slipped up on this one or how I forgot but when I reintroduced it today it was eagerly accepted : )

Our new routine is fairly loose but here goes:

Monday - project day. They can learn about anything they wish, my only criteria for the day is they do a mini maths activity and some reading.
I love this idea because it can incorporate so many different thing and plays to each of their strengths - the girls have already planned what they want to do next Monday; Rose will be writing a book, Sunflower wants to learn about mythical creatures, Tulip want to make stamps and Rose wants to learn baking.

Tuesday - Friday. 
9-12 is learning time followed by lunch and outdoor playtime. 
1:00 - 1:30 is reading/quiet time (non readers can do puzzles or colouring).
1:30 - 3:00 will be for Art, Music, Swimming or Spanish depending on the day.
Thursday morning will be an exception as they have a class from 11-1.

I am hoping they stay happy with this structure because it makes time for all the activities I keep forgetting to do (like official art lessons as opposed to 'lets get the paint out') 

How do you structure your day?
         

2 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like a good plan!

We just changed up our schedule a bit too.

Julia Camen said...

I'm curious on the project day - how do you facilitate their learning projects? Does it require you to plan activities? Are they on their own? I'd love to hear more about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...