...when your kids show an interest in taxidermy.
Not my cup of tea, but the girls are good at coming up with excuses as to why this may be a good hobby;
1) There is loads of road kill so it would be kinda recycling.
2) We would learn all about anatomy.
3) Its zoology.
4) Their fur would be soooo soft.
5) Think how much we'll learn.
6) Nanny wouldn't have to miss her cats when they die, cause they're really, really old.
I've so far managed to say no, but have to admire their enthusiasm and reasoning skills.